The other types of education in Canada include:

1. Vocational Schools

Students have the ability to acquire skills or specialism at vocational courses located throughout Canada. Several years back, such initiatives did not expect applicants to have a high school diploma. However, this has shifted dramatically in recent years.

2. Private Schools

Private educational institutions are also accessible in Canada. As the name suggests these are school that are not subsidized by the government. They usually come with very high price tags, but it is up to parents and students to determine whether or not to invest in a private school.

Private schools are a great choice for parents that want their children to study in small classrooms, more psychosocial support, or that they should attend a specialized school for personal purposes. In Quebec, for example, those who can finance it or do not wish to learn the subjects in French will often choose to enrol in a private college.

3. Religious Schools

Canada also has religious schools. With the exception of some more inexpensive Catholic schools, the only alternatives for many parents who want to send their children to religious schools are private schools. These schools follow the traditional school curriculum, but they place a greater emphasis on moral teachings that are aligned with their religion.

Canadian Education for International Students

Foreign students have the option of studying in one of Canada’s two authorized languages, French or English. Some schools can provide teaching in both languages. However, it is not mandatory for students in any stage to be fluent in both languages to attend school.

English is the primary language of instruction in most of Canada’s schools. Regardless of the language of learning and teaching, both French and English are usually learned at a young age.

Students in Quebec are normally expected to attend education in French until they complete high school. However, there are several instances in which a student can obtain a permission letter to receive English teaching. Furthermore, children whose parents are temporarily residing in Quebec can also receive English teaching.